Getting Things Done

April 06, 2017

If not now, then when? I have recently realised that I'm am always putting things off until the last minute. When I procrastinate I can end up not getting anything done. With so much to do around us I've come to realise that I am not the only person who does this. Many of us end up not accomplishing anything, even the things we have no problem doing.


This is, unfortunately, a problem because time is not on our side. Seconds quickly turn into minutes and minutes into hours and before you know it you're a senior citizen, with your whole life behind you. Regretting not doing all the things you could've done and not have grabbed every opportunity with both hands. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just stating the facts.

A famous quote says " People wait all week for Friday, all year for Summer, and all life for Happiness." The clock is ticking and there is no time to time for waiting. In my eighteen years of life I have learnt a few things about this, which I shall list for you :

• If the is anything you ever want to do the best time is now. Don't put it off because it will remain undone.

•Don't waste your time trying to impress anyone, this is your life and you choose how you want to live it. "Those who mind don't and those who matter don't mind. "

• Don't over think anything, life is too short for that. It's better to try something and know the results rather than spending the rest of your life wondering what could've been.

• If you don't like something don't do it. Doing something you don't enjoy doing will take away too much of your time and happiness. Sometimes you need to consider your wellbeing.

• Things don't always go as planned and sometimes things just don't go your way but when things fail, you need to move on. Appreciate what failure has taught you, it's not always easy but come on, you only live once. Don't waste it reminiscing your past failures.


The problem is that we think we have time. We think we can do things later but that later sometimes turns into never. We need to realise that we are mortal beings and our days are numbered. It's time to start living your life to the fullest and doing things that make you happy. If you ever second guess yourself, take a moment and ask yourself, "If not now, then when? "

Notebook and Journal Collection:


Follow me:



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. oh my goodness! when wa the last time i was on this here blog?!!!
    so many changes and so much growth. damn i need to dsit down and catch up and subscribe so i never miss out again. I love binge reading nights. *sigh

    Mvumikazi | Urban Mnguni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed catching up!

      Delete