How To Start A Blog*

October 19, 2017


In 2014 I started this blog. I had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted a little corner on the internet where I could share my thoughts. I have managed to learn a lot since then and I'm still learning something new everyday. 

A few important things I've learnt is that blogging requires time and effort. You need ensure that you are creating quality content which your readers will find valuable. Social media plays an important role in blogging because people can't read your blog of they don't know about it. Social media gives you a platform to connect with people and promote yourself. Lastly, blogging requires passion. Don't just start a blog because everyone is doing it. Blogging is not easy and if it's not something you enjoy you will have a hard keeping up. 

Those are just a couple of lessons I've learnt along the way. However, there's always room to learn more.  The infographic below contains some tips on starting a travel blog by some of South Africa's top travel bloggers. However, I believe this advice can be helpful to any type of blogger at any stage of their blogging journey. It provides helpful information and simply summarises everything to know about blogging. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments