RollEgoli Roller Rink

August 07, 2018


Just over a month ago I spent a day at RollEgoli in Sandton which is a roller rink. It was my cousin’s twenty first birthday and the original plan was to go bowling. Knowing that I suck at bowling I decided to suggest rollerblading and luckily everyone thought it was a good idea.



It was our first time rollerblading and it was such a wonderful experience. You get to choose between the rollerblades with three wheels and the one with four wheels. I wasn’t trying to die so I opted for the four wheel option. That didn’t make things easier though. Rollerblading harder than I had anticipated. It’s absolutely nothing like ice-skating and falling on cement is way more painful than falling on ice.
The venue is super chilled and doesn’t get too crowded. There’s a photo booth and you get free ice cream after taking a picture. We only realised this after we had already left which is quite unfortunate. Everything else was fantastic. I enjoyed the music they played, it felt like the DJ was playing my personal playlist.


It costs R125 for skate hire and entrance which is honestly quite a bargain. I spent a couple of hours skating and fell a couple of times (more than a couple of times to be honest). I came home with a couple of bruises but you know what they say, “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” I’m looking forward to doing it all over again. 

Follow me:

You Might Also Like

0 comments