New year, new me?

January 08, 2015

We're more than a week into the new year with less a week left until the 2015 school year commences. I'm glad to say I had an amazing holiday and after a year of fun and hard work I finally received a well deserved break.  I will be uploading a video compilation on my YouTube channel of a few of the things I got up to this summer.

With the beginning of a new year people often strive to become a new version of  themselves.  We see the phrase "new year, new me" being thrown around on almost every social media platform. I don't think this is the correct attitude to begin the new year with unless you're looking for a plate of disappointment.

People need to realize that one can't change overnight and instead of trying to become a whole new person we should rather strive to be better than we were yesterday.

Enough of that, I read in the latest issue of Elle magazine that tucking in your shirt is  becoming a trend. I love the effortless chic style and how tucking in a bit of your shirt can transform your whole entire. I gave it a try with my tiger T-shirt from Factorie and some light blue jeans. The shoes are from Cotton On and  the bag was given to me by my mom and I absolutely adore it. 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great post! Such a cute little outfit too, love your jeans and shoes :)

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely and honest post! And you look so pretty too! Xxx

    www.allyouneedisredlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

      Delete