My One Direction Experience♡

March 30, 2015

After years of waiting and more hours of waiting outside the stadium I finally got to see One Direction. Despite the fact that Zayn had left three days prior or that I was attending my very first concert alone I was filled with excitement for the highly anticipated day.  

At 1pm I boarded the bus at Menlyn, Pretoria and off to Johannesburg we were. The bus ride was fantastic. Half of the ride was spent looking out the window asking myself if the day had really finally arrived and the other half was spent conversing with fellow Directioners of various ages who were all equally excited.  

Once at the stadium my new friends and I had to go our separate ways. I went off, looking for my assigned gate and I swear I was about to burst with excitement and let me remind  you the concert was still hours away.  

There was a boisterous ambience at the gates, with everyone eager for them to open. I took selfies, chatted with some Directioners from all over the country and some who actually came from outside the country for the concert and soon enough people were chanting One Direction lyrics at the top of their lungs and it was time to go in.  

Slowly the FNB stadium began to fill up with people, who looked like ants compared to the stadium's massive size. After more hours of waiting there were people all around me, the sweltering weather wasn't doing me any favours and I could hardly feel my legs anymore.  

Soon enough Johnny Apple's angelic voice filled the stadium, making every feeling of discomfort disappear. Let me tell you, that boy's high notes will take you to another level. He is so talented, he definitely deserved to open for One Direction.  

As for Four, they were amazing. They brought a different yet exciting mood to the stadium, with their exuberant dance moves and magical voices.  

Then the moment we had all been waiting for arrived. The intro video played and the thousands of stentorian voices went wild, everyone roaring with excitement. And then they stepped on stage, Louis, Harry, Niall and Liam. Actual people who existed outside the internet. It was surreal, a moment of pure ecstasy. And Niall called us, I quote " beautiful, sexy South Africans", someone hold me.  

I screamed at the top of my lungs, sang along to their songs, jumped up and down and tried to capture some of it on camera throughout the concert. Their voices were perfect,  everything about them was perfect. The wait was totally worth it and I will forever continue to support them.  

The night was out of this world, *quotes One Direction* Better than words. I wouldn't mind doing it again and again and again. My first concert was marvelous and an absolute success. Thank you One Direction, Johnny Apple, Four and all the awesome Directioners.

You Might Also Like

0 comments