At long last♡

August 15, 2015

Don't you hate it when you buy an item and before you know it a year has gone by and you still haven't worn it? Well, I do. I fell in love with this daisy lizzy flip hem skirt the minute I saw it but it took me a year to figure out how to wear it. I love the flowers on it, they are very Tumblr.   The skirt however,  is a faded black colour and when you wear it with a darker black they just seem to clash.

After a year I finally had a light bulb moment. I was having an outfit experimenting session and I wore the skirt with any top until I found one that worked. I paired the skirt a long sleeved cropped top. The top has black stripes and I think the two different patterns just work.  Remember when they told you never to mix prints? They lied.

I'm glad it's getting warm and I can finally wear cropped tops again, as if I ever stopped. I know some people are not comfortable with wearing cropped tops and my suggestion is them to wear high waisted bottoms.  Cropped doesn't always mean bare skin.

Jelly shoes are making a comeback and no, I didn't stop wearing either.  They are just an awesome creation.  They make my life easier,  when I don't know which shoes will go with an outfit my jellies come to the rescue. They are also very easy to maintain,  just wipe them with a wet cloth when they get dirty or you can submerge them in water, it won't do any harm.

Frilly socks,  yet another trend from last year.  I just don't want to let go.  Frilly socks just make everything better, so do chockers. I could've worn my outfit without a chocker or frilly socks but what fun would that be?  Life is too short to wear boring clothes.

Top - Topshop
Skirt- Factorie
Shoes and socks - Cotton On
Chocker - Lovisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments