Design 12 Colour Eyeshadow Palette♡

August 25, 2015

I have been interested in makeup for quite some time. Seeing it in magazines, Youtube videos and just about everywhere else sparked my interest. However, it is only recently when I started experimenting with it. 

For a very long time my makeup collection consisted of judt mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. I also think being involved in blogging and modelling contributes to my growing love of makeup. Not long ago I picked up my very first makeup palette, that is if you exclude all those Barbie makeup palettes I had as a six-year-old.

The palette I decided to start off with is the 'Salt of The Earth' 12 colour eyeshadow palette by Design. It is relatively cheap, available for R52.95 at Edgars, which I think is a decent price. As my makeup skills improve, thanks to beauty gurus on YouTube, I will invest in better palettes of various other shades.

I went for the palette with a bit more neutral shades, seeing that I am fairly new to this. I hope I can go for the bolder colours in the near future. One of the things I love about this palette is how the shades go together. Even though it seems as though there are only a few colours, you will be surprised how many different looks one can create. 

The eyeshadow also has glitter which is always perfect for a night out, now what's left is for someone to invite me out somewhere. That is me, dropping hints to anyone willing to pick them up. I'm am overall happy with the makeup palette, it is affordable and works wonderfully for me. 

I have to admit that YouTube beauty gurus make applying makeup look very easy which I come to notice that it's an art that requires lots of precision and hard work. So, to every beauty guru and anyone who knows how to apply makeup shout out to you! 

Now, let's have a little chat. I know people have mixed opinions about makeup, I thought I would share my opinion. I honestly believe in doing things to make yourself happy. So, if you like gold eye lids continue making them gold, it's all up to you. 

What I don't like is when people shame others for the choices they make. Just because you don't like makeup it doesn't automatically give you the right to tell others that what they think is wrong.   

Never ever do something to impress others. It is a waste of time. When you sit in front of the mirror for 30 minutes applying your winged eyeliner make sure it's for you to say, 'Damn, girl you is looking fine.'

You Might Also Like

0 comments