My Artventure 2♡

August 20, 2015

A few months ago I decided that I was going to learn how to draw.  Ever since then I have been drawing nonstop.  It's one of those things that I fell in love with almost instantaneously. I think this interest may have been sparked by the wonderful and talented artists on Instagram,  Tumblr,  Twitter and Pinterest. Seeing their beautiful work made to create my own art.
Over the past few months I have improved tremendously.  I'm not saying that I'm the best artist out there but I have come a long way and I still have a long way to go.  What I've learnt from drawing is patience.  You can never rush anything beautiful.  Beautiful things take time.
As I always say if you ever want something go out and get it, it won't come running to you.  I think another important factor to consider is who you're doing it for.  Never, ever do anything to impress anyone but yourself.  Do it to make you happy.
Through my artventure I've also learned not to give up. I can't tell you how many times I spent hours drawing something and it doesn't quite turn out the way I imagined. Remember that when you want to give up you are close to a break through. 
I've also been experimenting with different mediums. You know me, I can never stick to one thing.  I've been trying out colouring pencils,  acrylic paint,  oil pastels, digital art and watercolour paint which is totally my favourite. 
Through my artventure I've been exposed to so many new things that only make me want to draw more.  It has been such a breathtaking experience. The more I see beautiful creations the more inspired. 
I really respect all artists out there. Creating beautiful,  inspiring works of art isn't easy. I hope one day I can inspire people and remember that if there is something you want to achieve work for it. What are you doing today to get where you want to be tomorrow?
Some improvement:

Watercolour:

Acrylic painting I'm working on:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post! What a wonderful selection of drawings :)


    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful. I started experimenting with acrylic paint and i just love it. Your work is beautiful i must say. Keep off the good work. Can i just ask how u managed to get the heart next to ur post title?
    Joanny
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanny. You can get the heart by pressing alt 3 in Windows.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete