Mall of Africa♡

May 19, 2016


The Mall of Africa finally opened a couple of weeks ago and I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was the day it opened. Unfortunately I couldn't be at the grand opening of the mall but I managed to follow everything on social media. The mall was visited by thousands of people during the first weekend and after hearing the good and the bad I decided it was time for me to visit the mall for myself.

I had a wonderful experience, the mall wasn't as crowed as I expected and I somehow managed to make it around the mall without getting lost (well I did use the map once or twice). People are really excited about Starbucks and Krispy Kreme doughnuts you can tell by the long lines outside. No matter what my parents and my sister told me I insisted on standing in the line. After an hour of waiting in line I finally got my drink and I can happily say I've crossed that off my bucket list.

What I love the most about the mall is that it has so many stores. This is fantastic because all my favourite stores are all at the same place and some stores like H&M and Forever 21 are now closer (these are quickly becoming my favourites *heart-eye emoji*).

The one thing I was not a fan of is the food court. There are numerous fast food restaurants to choose from and only a handful of tables. This means you have to wait for people to finish eating and tables are way too close which is not exciting at all. My Dad however, loved the food court as it is decorated with calabashes. His exact words : "Wow, it's really the mall of Africa." Another thing that captured Africa beautifully is the uniform of the people who stand at the help desk. The women where an African print skirt and head wrap and the guys where African print pants. I hope they keep it like this because it's beautiful and unique.

Overall it was fantastic, I can't wait to go back. Hopefully it will be real soon!

Follow me:
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Facebook

You Might Also Like

2 comments