#GirlBoss

September 15, 2017


I started 2017 with a long list of goals and I decided to read the book #GirlBoss to inspire myself to work towards them. I started reading the book in February however, my phone was stolen and everything was just a mess at that time. This lead to me feeling uninspired and I stopped reading the book. A lot of things have changed and recently, I decided to start reading the book again.

In the book, Sophia Amoruso, speaks about her journey as an entrepreneur and how her company, Nasty Gal, got to where it is today. The book also features a few other female entrepreneurs which I really found interesting because it shows what being a #GirlBoss means to different people.

The book contains valuable information about starting and running a business, dealing with finances, the importance of staying true to yourself and a whole lot more. Sophia shows that there is no correct way to start a business. It’s all about working hard to get what you want.

A very important lesson that I learnt is that you just have to start and you will learn along the way. This is something I have been struggling with but after reading this book I’ve realised that sometimes you have got to put your fears aside and go for it. A quote from the book sums it up beautifully, “Abandon anything about your life and habits that might be holding you back. Learn to create opportunities. Know that there is no finish line; fortune favours actions.  Race balls out toward the extraordinary life that you’ve always dreamed of, or still haven’t had time to dream up. And prepare to have a lot of fun along the way.”

I’m ready to join the #GirlBosses and take over the world!

Follow Me: 



You Might Also Like

1 comments