A collection of my favourite quotes♡

October 14, 2015

I'm a writer and a reader. Words make up a big part of my life and I love indulge in beautiful pieces of writing. I take them wherever I go and share them whenever I can, sometimes I think I annoy people. I thought I would share a handful of my favourite quotes. These words help me when times are tough others inspire me when all is well and the rest are just beautiful. 

" 'What' and 'if' two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if?" - Letters to Juliet

"It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realise that the people you have known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on." - anonymous

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that." - anonymous

"Cry if it will reduce your heartache. Then wipe your tears. Pick yourself up. Face the world. Life goes on." - Fazilah Dahman

"At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how my story is going to end." - anonymous

"Even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any signs of promise, you keep writing anyway." - Junot Diaz

"I have been asked quite many times where does my inspiration come from and I was never able to find an answer for it. Until one time a thought came into my mind. I guess my inspiration comes from my fears; fears of dying with my dreams unfulfilled; fear of being mediocre; fear of achieving nothing; fear of not being able to live fully etc. And from that; I guess, that kind of inspiration is the kind that doesn't die fast and give a greater push, a bigger motivation, because it's not coming from an idol or someone else or something, but yourself." - Jerico Silvers

"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"So, this is my life. I am both happy and sad, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be. " - The perks of being a wallflower

"He said, " There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day ti love, believe, do and mostly live." - Dalai Lama

What is your favourite quote? 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm a huge quote fan too, I have a bank of them stored my laptop for when I'm having a hard day! I've actually not seen any of these quotes before either which makes it even better!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have so many quotes stored for bad days! They just make life a little bit easier.

      Delete
  2. These are all such great quotes! Mine would probably be "i listened to the old brag of my hear: i am, i am, i am" by Sylvia Plath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these quotes! I'm a quotes queen as well. Haha! Would also love to hear about what you're reading these days. Please do stay in contact with us at The Moxie Lab!

    Breathemoxie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to meet another quote queen haha and I'll definitely stay in contact!

      Delete