Artventure #10 : Hand Lettering

November 06, 2016


Everything has been so hectic lately and the only thing on my mind has been exams. I decided to give myself a little break and do some painting. I bought myself watercolour paints. However, I only bought myself a watercolour sketch pad and I can already tell that my life a whole lot better. Normal paper usually gets soggy and the end product is not as aesthetically pleasing as it could have been.

I decided to give hand lettering a try on the first page of my new sketch pad. I'm a huge fan of hand lettering and I decided it's time for me to join in on the fun. My paint brush made this a huge mission because the bristles are spread out which make it hard to make thin lines. So next on my list of supplies to buy is a new paintbrush.

I am really happy with how this turned out. It's not the best in the world but it is a good start. I got a picture from Tumblr and just painted the quote. I am going to continue practicing by writing quotes and just having fun with it. 

Hand lettering is also so therapeutic and was a wonderful distraction from all the exam stress. Since practice makes perfect I'm challenging myself to do at least one painting every week and I'm definitely excited about it. If you have any blogs I could check out for inspiration please let me know in the comments.

Follow me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That looks so lovely! I'm glad that it's so relaxing for you. Get that new paintbrush so you can handle those thin lines a bit better although they look fine to me. Such talent! Thanks for sharing! (:

    SIngle Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just got a new paintbrush so the fun is about to begin!

      Delete