Back to the City 2017

May 01, 2017


On Thursday my sister and I celebrated Freedom Day at the Back to the City Hip Hop Festival. We purchased our tickets the night before and we thought it would be fun to try out something different. It was totally worth it. 


There was a lot going on such as basketball matches, skateboarding, graffiti, MC battles and lot of interesting stalls but we were there for the music. We arrived at 16:00 and we got to enjoy music by the talented artists. 



Later on it started getting a bit chilly and we were even considering going back home but the incredible lineup stopped us. We got to experience the wonderful music by local artists such as Cassper Nyovest, Tshego, Emtee, Nadia Nakai, Da Les,  Areece and all the other cool kids. It was definitely a haven for all the hip hop fans. 

I had an amazing time. There was a boisterous atmosphere with people dancing and just having a good time. I also let my hair loose and gave the dancing thing a try. I'm not good at it but I've learnt that if you are having fun then nothing else matters. 

The Back to the City Festival is a fantastic platform for upcoming rappers and it's an awesome way to celebrate Freedom Day. I'm glad I could be there and I'm already looking forward to Back to the City 2018.

Follow me :

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It really sounded like you had fun. I never heard of The Back to the City Festival but I think I might ought to go in the near future.

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete