My Artventure 6♡

January 11, 2016


Ever since I started drawing I've learned a lot more than just drawing techniques. I wanted to learn how to draw for quite some time but I just kept brushing it off. Early last year I asked myself how I can continue wishing I could draw and then not anything about it. So I picked up my pencil and I started to draw a portrait of myself and boy must I admit it was awful but I will never throw that drawing away. It's a reminder that if you want to go somewhere you have to start with a single step. 

This has taught me an important life lesson : if there's anything you want, you have to go out and get it. I've mentioned a couple of times that there were times when I have felt discouraged because the end product was not exactly what I envisioned but I've learned that looking back at how far I've come always helps. No matter how far I still have to go seeing how far I've come always encourages me to keep going. 

By taking the first step I have also found something that I really enjoy doing. I could spend hours drawing and I never thought I would find something else that I love as much as reading and writing but everyday I fall more in love with drawing. It's so therapeutic and never fails to fill me with joy. I hope you can all find the thing that makes you happy. Don't forget that it starts with a single step and no matter how slowly you may be going just make sure you're moving. One day you'll realise what a big difference little steps can make.

Follow me :











You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is something I definitely need to remember. "Good" art is subjective, but it definitely takes time and practice and you summed it up perfectly - little steps make all the difference :)
    Laura x FloraLooTwo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love art - because Unless you're choosing for that to be your profession it's up for interpretation. Having the broad strokes and movement like Van Gogh is great, or any impressionist - but sometimes just having your own feel for how you interpret art is all you need. These sketches are beautiful. I hope to one day this week pick up the paper and pencil again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about being free and not being wrong. I hope you start drawing again, you won't regret it!

      Delete
  3. I love art, your pieces are so beautiful!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hate doing art but when I moved up to high school I had a great teacher who really encouraged me so I became quite good. I haven't drawn for years but I used to find it very therapeutic. Excellent post and your shading in your second piece is excellent by the way :) x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, it's always great to have a teacher like that. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This is really awesome "Don't forget that it starts with a single step and no matter how slowly you may be going just make sure you're moving." :) I am going for something similar this year. Very inspirational how you said it! :)
    Drawing takes practise and even if the first drawings don't seem that good, they are good foundation for future artworks! :)

    Also your drawings are great! :) Waiting to see more in the future! :)) And I draw myself a little, so it feels like I can relate to your Artventure. :)
    Madara
    lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really glad I learnt this. It has helped me so much and not just with art. I will definitely posting more about my artventure!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post - It's so inspirational how you're using art as a message to keep going regarding everything you do in life and you're also so talented, I can't draw at all haha!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your pictures are brilliant and you're very talented at drawing. Everyone has their own drawing style so who's to judge whether it's good or bad, that's the beauty of art!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete