New Year, Do You♡

January 06, 2016


I can't believe it's the last week of the school holidays. They definitely went by in a flash but I'm happy to have gotten a bit of a break. I'm equally excited and nervous for the school year to start. This is my second last year of school (yasss) but that also means more hard work because these are the marks I'll be using to apply for university. That is also another story as I have no idea what I want to do after school. Other than that all is good and I am happy. 


My mom really seems to know my sense of style. She always picks out the best clothes for me when we're out shopping, this skirt being one of them. I absolutely love the style, a front button skirt with two front pockets which are more helpful than you can imagine. The skirt also has a lovely faded finish which embraces its vintage look. 


The skirt being high waist makes me think of one thing, cropped tops. I love the high-waist-cropped-top combo. I feel like they were made for one another and it goes to show that cropped tops don't always mean bare skin. This cropped top is one of my favourites as it's simplicity is so beautiful. It pairs well with just about anything and only cost me R60 for two at Mr Price. One was R50 so they basically giving me one for free, I'm not complaining though. You may spotted my burgundy one in my New Year's Eve Party Trends post. 


Onto the shoes. I finally decided it's time for my jellies to come out of hibernation. It's been really hot lately and these shoes are so cool (pun totally intended). They are absolute lifesavers. Whenever I can't find the right shoe for an outfit these come to the rescue and they always seem to work. The The Jamaican jelly heel is fun and is also comfortable. I also got a couple of compliments when I was out so yeah! 

My outfit wouldn't be complete without my daisy chocker. It's just a fabulous addition that pulls everything together. 


Top - Mr Price
Skirt - Factory
Shoes - Cotton On
Chocker - Lovisa
Shoes - Cotton On

Follow me :







You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Lovely outfit, you look great! I really love those skirts, deffo need to get myself one! xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty!! Can I say how jealous I am that you're wearing a skirt and cami...and I'm shovelling snow :( Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw I can imagine, hang in there it will be summer soon!

      Delete
  3. I love love love your skirt! I saw one while online shopping last week and now I wish I'd bought it!

    Lisa / http://farawaylisamae.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I love the skirt, I've been wanting one like this forever! Might have to wait for some sunshine! :)
    Lovely blog!

    F x
    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't worry just a couple more weeks!

      Delete