My Loc Journey

September 08, 2016

A couple of months ago I started my loc journey. It's been quite exciting and has definitely made my life a whole lot easier. My dreadlocks however, where not really locking. I could notice that my hair was growing but  the locs just disappeared whenever I would wash my hair. I have come to the conclusion that the person who was doing my hair had no idea what they were doing.


Anyway let me not get off track. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have long dreadlocks now. Long hair, don't care! The dreads were crocheted onto my dreads. Thinking about attaching someone else's hair on my own was so weird at first. After having a conversation with my sister I finally decided to go for it. I mean, why wait years when I just get instant dreadlocks?


I got  dreadlocks from my cousin about two weeks after the conversation with my sister and the following day I got them attached. The whole process is pretty simple but quite time consuming. There are two methods of of attaching dreadlocks which are threading and crocheting. I went for crocheting because it gives a more natural look although it takes longer. I then dyed my hair black to make the hair match and got my locs twisted. All of this in six hours.


It's been less than a week with my new hairstyle. I have no idea how long I'm planning on keeping them. The last time I had dreadlocks I kept them for 6 years. I can't wait to try out new hairdos and just enjoy my hair! 

Follow me :

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Your hair honestly looks so beautiful :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair look good on you. Such a nice choice to go on with. You're rockin' them gurrrrrrrl

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great on you! A friend of mine was offering to give me hers but I went with fake locs instead. I recently took them out and now I miss them. lol

    Olive Needs Popeye

    ReplyDelete