15 Quotes To Spark Your Creativity

July 21, 2016

I love to create and my favourite way to explain it is by comparing it to magic. Simply starting out with nothing and transforming it into a masterpiece. Now tell me that doesn't sound like magic? Through creating I've learnt so much about myself and the world around me. I love how I can now see the world in a different perspective. It is absolutely incredible. Everyday I find new ways to express myself and be creative whether it be through writing, drawing, making videos, the list can go on forever. However, I do have to admit that there are days when I feel stuck, uninspired and simply lost. That's when I go out to find inspiration and quotes seem to always do the trick. They remind me that I was created to create and give me a new sense of motivation. Here are my 15 favourite quotes about creativity and I you feel as inspired as I do after reading them.


"Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things." - Ray Bradbury

"Creativity takes courage." - Henri Matisse

"The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." - Sylvia Plath

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to." - Jim Jarmusch

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

"Life is a great big canvas throw all the paint you can on it." - Danny Kaye

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

"An artist cannot fail, it's a success just to be one." -Charles Horton Cooley

"Inhale possibility, exhale creativity." - Unknown 

"There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period." - Brene Brown

"Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way." - Edward de Bono

"Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties." - Gail Sheehy

“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you." - Frida Kahlo

"The thing about creativity is, people are going to laugh at it. Get over it." -Twyla Tharp

Follow me:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. So inspiring! Love the Gail Sheey one especially.

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It always inspires me when I'm feeling unsure about something.

      Delete
  2. Henri Matisse is one of my favourite artists and I love that quote by him! x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such amazingly inspiring quotes!! Thanks so much for sharing them, they really sparked up something inside me, especially Frida Kahlo's as I'd never heard it before and it really resonates with me. Think I need these all hanging up in my room! Thanks for sharing! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're feeling inspired and I definitely agree, these would be fabulous as posters!

      Delete