My Artventure 8: Turning Dreams Into Reality

July 28, 2016



It's always good to have dreams and goals for your future.  Thinking back to a year ago I had countless goals I wanted to achieve and if you told me that at this point I wouldn't have reached most of them I would have probably laughed at you. That is why I decided that it's time to change my mindset. I do agree that it is good to dream but that is not enough.  

That shouldn't discourage you to go for what ever it is that you want because as they always say, it's not going to be easy but it's going to be worth it. If you want something you have to have a plan of action,  think about where you are and where you want to be. Between that there will be countless obstacles, life will come in the way and you will battle unfortunate events.  This is why it's great to set small goals. 

Small goals keep you going by seeing how far you have come you are encouraged to go further. I like to use my art as a reminder because last year I challenged myself to draw often and I stuck to it. I continued drawing and with every piece I was motivated to draw more and try new things. 

One thing you should never do is compare yourself to someone else.  Everyone is on a different journey.  We are all facing different obstacles and we are all at different parts of our journeys. What you need to do is to focus on how far you have come and how far you have to go to be where you want to be. I used to get angry when I was told that my only competitor should be myself but now I see why I was told that.  When you have this mindset you forget about everything else and begin doing things that will make your dreams come true. 

I've learnt that there's a difference between comparison and inspiration.  Comparison tells you that one person is better but inspiration tells you that you can both be amazing.  One of the people who have inspired me recently is Chimanda Adichi Ngozi. I've always been a quiet girl who has kept to herself but after reading several essays by Chimanda I've learnt that I can also have a voice through writing. 

Reaching your dreams is not impossible but it is also not a walk in the park. When you reach the place you want to be keep moving forward.  Never stop dreaming and never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Use that as motivation to create something amazing! 

Follow me :

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Comparing yourself to others can be very destructive and demotivating. I feel that there is always someone who can do it better but instead of letting it bother me I try to learn. Skill sharing is always a great idea. Best wishes, Iga

    Find me at: http://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. It's a real accomplishment to turn dreams into reality

    ReplyDelete