Africa As One♡*

November 14, 2015

I love world cups, that is the time you are most likely to find me keeping up with the world of sports. The recent Rugby world cup saw me staying updated with the matches and sitting on the edge of my seat whenever South Africa was playing. I was heartbroken when we were knocked out but that's a story for another day.  

Today I want to tell you about the #AfricaAsOne campaign by DHL Express Sub-Saharan. This campaign has made me realise the unity a world cup can bring. It all started in October 2014, DHL Express Sub-Saharan embarked on a journey to pass one rugby ball from hand-to-hand through 42 countries in 52 weeks. Africans are known for their role in the world of soccer so why a rugby ball? This campaign is about taking rugby to Africa and Africa to the world and I think they definitely succeeded. 

The journey started in Cape Town, South Africa and continued to Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, the list goes on until ultimately arriving in England ahead of the 2015 Rugby World Cup. This odyssey truly captured the beauty of Africa. It is not just about following a rugby ball around the world but through this campaign I have definitely learned a lot about this continent and I have added some countries to my bucketlist of places to visit one day. 

With every video on DHL Africa YouTube channel you get to see a little bit of Africa unfold. The immense talent that lies in this continent, the dishes of the various people , the wonders of every country. This journey is the story of Africa unlike no other.

This was one epic journey by DHL Express Sub-Saharan I never thought I would say this but I think I may be a little bit jealous of this rugby ball. 

*Image from @dhlafrica

You Might Also Like

0 comments