17 Goals for 2017

July 04, 2017

We are half way through the year. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was writing down my goals for 2017. So much has happened already and I'm almost done with my final year of high school. Everything is happening way too quickly. I thought it would be a good idea to slow down and look back at my goals for the year. I still have time to make things happen.



3 Blogposts per week :
I haven't been very good at this but I think it's very possible if I use my time more effectively.

Put my HTML and CSS skills to use:
I hurts me to say that I haven't done anything interesting since completing my HTML and CSS course.

Make at least 3 video games:
If I make 1 game every 2 months starting now I can still make it happen.

Upload at least 1 video per week:
I haven't uploaded 1 video a week but I feel like 2017 is the year that I've uploaded the most videos and we are only half way through the year. So, I guess I'm making some progress.

Make more zines:
I'm actually working on something exciting at the moment which I will announce in a month or two.

Learn how to make animations :
I still haven't done a single thing that has to do with animation and it is breaking my heart.

Draw some comics:
Yet another thing on the list that I still have to start on.

Draw something every week:
I haven't been drawn as often as I would like and I need to change this is as soon as I can.

Read at least 3 books per month:
I think I've only read about 3 books this year and this makes me wonder what I actually did with all the time I've had.

Make some money and save:
I have some ideas but now it's time to get the ball rolling.

Improve my photography:
I haven't done a lot of photography this year but it's something I really enjoy. I'm saving up for a new camera which is really exciting.

Make an app:
I'm actually working on this at the moment. I've still got a lot to learn but I guess slow progress is better than no progress.

Get my driver's license:
I'm writing my learner's license test next week so I guess I'm one step closer.

Focus on my school work:
I definitely haven't been doing this one and I definitely need to start.

Learn how to manage my time:
Woah.

Do more DIYs:
I'm going to start doing DIYs on my YouTube channel soon. Hitting two birds with one stone.

Have some fun and be happy:
I'm always striving to do what makes me happy. So, I guess this is always a work in progress but so far things have been good this year despite the bumps along the way.


Looking back at this list was a wonderful idea and it made me realise how unproductive I've been. It also given me some inspiration to get things done. Let's do this!

What are some of your goals for 2017?

Vlog 9: Gold Reef City Fun:


Follow me:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Good luck with your goals!

    I also aim to post 3 times a week in the second half of 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing goals. I have so many I hope to accomplish this year, too. But have not really had the time to get to them. Good luck with yours and hopefully you can let us know how you have got on? :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely put another update post later this year.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such an ambitious list... I love it! :) And we're only in July, so still 5 whole months to get stuff done. Just take it all in and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the other day "did I set up too many goals for myself?" And now I see your list :) Great thing you are checking yourself about it mid year. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite a lot but I am motivated to get it done.

      Delete
  5. I love your breakdown of your goals. Wish you the best in using the time left to accomplish them. Remember there's no pressure especially for the goals to learn new stuff. You can't unlearn stuff. So take your time.

    ReplyDelete