How I Did On My 2016 Blogging Goals

December 15, 2016

At the beginning of the year I set a couple of blogging goals for myself which you can take a look at here. As the year is drawing to a close I thought I would would take a look at how I did.


Get Organised:
I'm not as organised as I could be but think I'm pretty close. I have a bullet journal where I write when I'm going to publish which posts and I even schedule posts sometimes. So I think I'm pretty organised.

Create A Schedule : 
I can't even tell you how many times I have changed my scheduled this year but I'm happy to say I found one that kinda works. I try to put up 4 posts every week and I usually put up one post on Tuesday and Thursday and two on Sunday. I don't know, it just works.

Photography:
My photography has definitely improved from last year but it's still not where I want it to be. I'm just going to keep working on it.

Triple My Traffic:
My pageviews are currently less than half of what they were this time last year so I definitely didn't reach this goal. I would love to see my blog reach a wider audience but I'm doing what I love and that makes me happy.

Blogger Friends:
I have met so many cool bloggers this year but I haven't really made any real friends where we take about blog stuff and take outfit pictures but my fingers are still crossed.

YouTube:
I started uploading a bit more towards the end of the year. I'm kinda stuck at the moment because I want to change things up but I'm not really sure what I want to do.

Contribute:
I honestly forgot about this goal and I wish I had actually taken it seriously. I am currently a writer at Afrikan Mbiu and that's cool so you can check that out.

Social Media:
I am very happy with my Twitter following. I have more than 2000 followers and I follow some awesome people. Instagram on the other hand, it's just Instagram man. It's hard. I follow some wonderful people so I'll keep doing that.

Blogger Events:
I didn't attend any blogger meet ups so I'm really hoping to do that next year. I did however, get invited to some cool events and it was exciting. It's scary but it's fun.

Did you set any goals for 2016? How did it go?

Follow me: 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Photography is a big one for a lot of bloggers. I'm always trying to improve my own photography as well and I think it's just one of those things that takes time...well, at least it does for me!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set some similar goals too! Didnt attend any
    blogger events but working on getting to know other bloggers through facebook groups and twitter chats. These could help you with growing your traffic!

    I'll be looking out for your next goal updates! I havent updated mine since October lol. I should really work on that!

    Foirell x | www.citygirlrell.com

    ReplyDelete