What 2016 Taught Me

December 17, 2016

I have seen so many people complain about 2016 but it was honestly such a great year for me. 2015 was the worst and I don't even want to talk about it. I've learnt a lot this year, I've grown and I've changed. I'm happy. I'm hoping that 2017 is better and brings more opportunities. Until then, here is what 2016 has taught me:


1. If there is something you want to do, do it now. There are so many things that I postponed and I wish I could have just done it then.

2. You'll never know unless you try. I have had so many opportunities to try new things this year and I am loving them so much.

3. Stepping out of your comfort zone isn't so bad. I'm really scared of meeting new people but I've made an effort to try get better and I have found that it is honestly not too bad.

4. You have to learn how to manage your time. I feel like I didn't reach some of my goals because of procrastination so I've got to work on that.

5. Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will. There are so many things I wanted to do but fear has stopped me and I wish I could just trust myself and do it.

6. People will not always understand what you do but if it makes you happy then keep doing it.

7. You have to start at the bottom. It sucks but that's just the way it is and it's probably for the best as you will learn how to pick yourself.

8. Sometimes things don't work out as expected but that's not always a bad thing.

9. You need to take a break. Sometimes things get a bit stressful, just stop and enjoy the little things.

10. You still don't know what you want to do with your life and that's okay.

What has 2016 taught you?

Follow me: 
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Facebook | YouTube

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I couldn't agree more, 2016 was a great year for me too. A lot of your lessons came up for me this year, especially getting out of my comfort zone. I've made a bigger effort and it's led to great things. I've grown stubborn about chasing my dreams this year and it's been the best lesson of all.
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you know, personally 2016 was brilliant for me too. I know it might have sucked politically, and the aftermaths of that can be so annoying, but it was also the year my biggest dream came true and I moved halfway around the world, I've met some amazing people and done some incredible things.

    Loved this post! No.8, about unexpected things being good too, is just so true and a good thing to remember. Ilove it!

    Anne // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete