A reflection on the year:Why I'm Glad I Failed♡

December 22, 2015


It was a few months ago when I had the idea of starting an online magazine. It was in the early hours of the morning when I thought of this. It seemed like the greatest idea ever. I started working on it from the moment I woke up and within a month and a half it was up and running and I had recruited six other members. Unfortunately this magazine was unsuccessful and only witnessed two issues. I can’t deny that I was devastated when things didn’t go my way but today I can confidently say I’m glad they didn’t.

 I was ignorant. Ignorance has developed a negative connotation but it simply means not knowing. I didn’t know what I was doing. I had not done any research and I assumed that it was just like running my blog but I quickly discovered that it is completely different. I was working with other people and they were all depending on me to share their work. I also didn’t know what I was doing wrong thus I continued doing the wrong thing while hoping for better results.  

 I was afraid of asking for help or advice. I was trying to do everything by myself whilst not knowing what I was doing. I was just a lost sheep with no guidance. This has taught me that it’s okay to get help from others. It doesn’t mean you’re a failure it simply means you are human. We can’t be great at everything and sometimes we are going to need a helping hand.  

It’s good to have you friends and family by your side to guide you into the right direction. By not succeeding I have been given a second chance. I have made mistakes and now it’s time to learn from them. This does not only apply to the magazine but to everything else. I can now evaluate myself on a certain scale to check if I am going on the right path and if not, I can easily redirect myself. I can work on myself to be the best I can be. 

You can have whatever you are willing struggle for, I have learnt this the hard way. If you want to succeed you are going to have to put your time and energy into creating the best product that you can. I’m embarrassed to admit that I didn’t put my heart and soul into succeeding. It’s not always going to be easy but it will be worth it. 

Failing is part of succeeding. By failing I have learnt many valuable lessons which have helped me grow and improve. I have learnt that when things don’t go my way know that it is not the end of the world because sometimes you win and sometimes you learn.

Follow Me:

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lovely post. I'm a big believer in we make mistakes to learn from them. I'm sure in time you shall have a successful online magazine, it all just takes patience and learning!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toni, I think so too. I have had the opportunity to learn from my mistakes. Now it's time to create something with what I have learnt!

      Delete
  2. I love this post and I love your honesty! I'm glad you tried something new. It'll go better next time because you know what you did wrong. :)
    x
    Aria | Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the honesty 💕 http://www.pixieox.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great honest post. Failure is hard to admit, but it is inevitable!

    ReplyDelete